Corporate governance is a set of internal and external guidelines of an organization that establish and regulate the relationship among various participants in the organization, such as management, the board of directors and shareholders. Corporate governance guidelines are directed at aligning interests of these participants and adding transparency and accountability to the process of how the organization is run, therefore rendering its performance more efficient. Shulga Law Firm can assist you with the following:
- Preparation of internal corporate policies, such as insider trading policy, whistleblower policy, code of ethics, code of corporate governance
- Preparation of board committee charters
- Preparation of board materials and minutes
- Advice regarding compliance with the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Employee handbooks
- Employment offer letters; confidentiality and invention assignment agreements; separation agreements
- Assistance with the assessment of related person transactions and director fiduciary duties, including the duty of loyalty, the duty of care and the business judgment rule.